A group discussion (GD) is one of the most common and widely used screening techniques used by HR managers as well as educational institutes to select the best talent. Preparing the common group discussion topics can go a long way in helping you perform well. Generally, in a typical GD round, candidates are divided into groups of 6 to 10 individuals and they have to discuss for 10-15 minutes on a given topic.
Here's a list to get you started.
- Online classes are the future
- Should political advertising on social media be regulated?
- Swachh Bharat Mission – Will it be a dream forever?
- Consolidation in Indian banking sector
- Make in India - Will this idea make India a manufacturing hub?
- Fake news and social media
- The gig economy is the future of work
- Is India ready for a cashless economy?
- Ethics or Profit?
- Work from home is the future of workplace
- Are video streaming platforms negatively impacting personal and professional lives of people?
- Impact of OTT platforms on social & personal life
- Why do you think humans and AI work better together?
- OTT vs Theatre
- Education Policy 2020
- Privatization of Indian Railways: Good or Bad?
- Social media in office: stress buster or dampening of productivity
- Should Income Tax be abolished in India?
- Covid-19 and Globalization
- Is COVID-19 outbreak an opportunity to reshape healthcare in India?
- Role of social media in elections
- Individual’s data privacy: more relevant than before
- Is FDI good for Indian economy?
- Mental health in India
- Is artificial intelligence dangerous?
- Economy vs Environment
- Future of Indian start-ups
- Can NEP revolutionize India's Education System?
- Obesity – The Next Pandemic?
- Virtual meetings - Good or Bad
- Cancellation of 12th Standard Board Exams
To receive detailed analysis of the group discussion topics, join Prep Junction Plus!
This is not a comprehensive list. You must be prepared to face unknown topics in group discussions.
Apart from Fact-based or opinion seeking group discussion topics, there are Case-based group discussions where the group has to discuss a given business problem and Abstract topics where anything can be the topic for the group discussion.
Do not forget to share this article on WhatsApp and LinkedIn.